Pools open due to MAIDS. Part I can be found here.
Me, a bunch of cosplayers, and Sotongman as my hostage. When I removed my gears to go for a lunch break at 1500 hours, the insides of my IBH helmet is literally filled with condensation. It still ain’t Goosh Goosh though.
Vocaloid Hatsune Miku, cosplayed by Irtea.
While Hobbycon 2008 certainly ain’t as big as comparable events in the West Peninsula or outside of this country, this the only event for hobbyist in Sabah to get together not only to generate awareness and interest to the public of their hobbies, but also an opportunity for them to know each other better and make new comrades along the way. Here’s a standing ovation in my heart, hoping for another round of Hobbycon next year.
A few personal thoughts and suggestions that came into my mind for next year’s Hobbycon:
1. It’s better to end the event at 6:00PM or 6:30PM instead of 7:00PM. When it’s already past 6, most people are going back home and the crowd reception at that time is already pretty cheerless (with shops closing down and stuff).
2. Keep the ‘natural fortress’ table formation we had this year for next year and the next. It’s one of the most secure formation and certainly gave me a lot of confidence about the safety of my belongings.
3. The managing committee is responsible for giving out tables and booths. Do not let the participants capitalize on this by letting them freely rent a part of their booths to others. I’ve heard complaints from a would-be participant who forced himself to forfeit his participation. This doesn’t project a good image as the managing committee may be seen as rather ineffective at flexing their authoritative muscle.
4. This one isn’t a suggestion, but I do hope more people will do military cosplay (less of the copypaste shounen cosplay for the sake of variety).
Special thanks to the following people/blog/sites for the pictures and their coverage of the events:
- Hobbycon Day 1 Part 1 (Facebook)
- Hobbycon Day 1 Part 2 (Facebook)
Hobbycon Official Homepage
- Hobbycon Day 1 (Facebook)
- Hobbycon Day 2 (Facebook)
Corrections needed in this entry or name missing in acknowledgements? Just drop me a comment.